DO’s and DON’Ts of Wedding Planning
1) DO Create a budget and STICK with it. Weddings can be very expensive. Yes, this is one of the most anticipated days of your life but there is no reason to blow your entire savings account. Plan and budget with your fiancé and family and stick to it. Decide on the things that are important to you, where you can afford to splurge, and the things you are willing to compromise on. Creating a budget can be overwhelming. Here at Southern Sparkle, we can help you create a detailed budget.
2) DON’T arrange your own flowers/bake you own cake, etc. There comes a time and a place where you defiantly should let the professionals step in, and this is one of them. The last thing you want to be worried about on your wedding day is if the fondant is melting from the cake, or if the flowers have arrived on time. The Southern Sparkle team can help you find the perfect vendors for your budget and style.
3) DO hire a professional photographer. Not hiring a great professional photographer is something you will easily regret once the wedding fun is over. These are some of the happiest moments of your life, and to have those captures on film is crucial. The photos of your mom crying as you walk down the aisle, the first time your groom sees you or the cat fight that takes place as you toss the bouquet; these are priceless moments that you can’t re-do. Trust us when we say this is where you want to splurge.
4) DON’T take too much time when making a decision. Professional vendors can book rather quickly. They might be available when you make your inquiry but nothing is locked down until you sign a contract and give them a deposit. So once you have all your information – make a decision.
5) DO hire a wedding planner or day of coordinator (preferably Southern Sparkle Wedding and Event Planning). Weddings are events. There is food, dancing, drinks, photographs, oh and don’t forget you are saying “I do” to the love of your life. Wedding planning is time consuming. Even if you are having just a small wedding with closest friends and family. If you have done most of the planning already, hire a day of coordinator. A day of coordinator is a must to relieve you and your mother from wedding day stress.
Your wedding day is once-in-a-lifetime. So enjoy it. Because it’s your day and you deserve it. Don’t let the stress and the planning and all the little details get to you and ruin your day. Take a deep breath, relax and really enjoy it.
Contact us at email@example.com so we can help you conquer this list. We can help you make a budget for your needs, we will set you up with all the great vendors and photographers, we will help you make the perfect but timely decisions, and we will make sure your wedding is stress free for you and your family! We would love for you to become a Sparkle Bride!