2017 was an amazing year for the Sparkle Team. We are looking to add additional Wedding Day Assistants to our team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone hoping to gain real-world wedding experience. We are looking for assistants in Nashville, Memphis & Jackson, Tennessee.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Shadow Event Planner at minimum of three (3) weddings/events as part of training; unpaid
- Additional shadows may be requested at the discretion of SSWEP.
- Assist the Event Planner on day of event
- Assist with set up, break down, and flow of event
- Verifying with vendors week of and day of event
- Serve as point of contact for vendors
- Onsite for a minimum of six hours and maximum of eight hours; travel time not included
- High degree of creativity and passion for wedding and event planning
- Be a self-starter, taking initiative, anticipating needs, and getting stuff done
- Have a positive, can-do attitude, not complaining or making excuses
- Someone with strong work ethic who is able to work independently, responsibly and can be trusted to complete tasks timely
- Someone who is willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done and contribute to the Southern Sparkle team
- Possess excellent spelling, grammar, and overall communication skills (oral and written)
- Be highly organized, creative and detail-oriented
- Demonstrate a professional appearance and attitude
- Ability to be resourceful, troubleshoot and think creatively
- Maintain grace and poise under pressure
- Be discreet with regard to confidential information
- Be able to juggle multiple tasks and priorities, without becoming frustrated or irritable
- Strong familiarity with Social Media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest
- Ability to quickly learn new software to manage clients and records
- Experience planning and orchestrating special events and/or weddings
- This position will be compatible with another part-time or full-time job
- You will be required to work Saturdays and weekends as well as some evenings for networking events, client meetings and team outings
- This position will require in-office administrative work but the schedule is flexible
- You will be required to commit to a specific timeframe in order to accommodate clients who have already booked weddings for 2018
- Being a wedding planner is not glamorous and requires someone who can handle multiple projects, tasks and brunt work
If you have read the information above and feel like you are the perfect fit, please apply here.
All applications are due December 4, 2017. Interviews will take place the following week and work will begin at the start of wedding season in January.