My dream of becoming a wedding planner started as my New Year’s Resolution, and in February we launched our website. Since becoming Certified Wedding Planners through The Bridal Society in August, Southern Sparkle has skyrocketed towards success. My goal for 2014 was simply to get the business out there. To establish my brand, and let other industry professionals know about Southern Sparkle. My goal for 2105 was to just have one wedding booked. Here we are, just a few short days away from 2015 starting and I have 5 weddings booked so far. With three potential brides in the mix as I type this.
As I reflect on the first year in business, and I am overwhelmed with a sense of joy and pride. Below are a few of my favorite highlights from this year.
- My dear friend Roberta had the bulk of her wedding planned prior to the launch of Southern Sparkle. She still wanted us to have a role in her wedding day. She asked us to create a dance floor feature for the reception. We were so thrilled to have the opportunity to work with her. I have grown up with her and her now husband, Bill. Seeing these two finally say “I do” was certainly a memorable moment.
- The weekend we became certified may have been one of the best weekends of this year. The 4 hour drive with my mom was memorable. By hour 2 we realized that the time changed. We would LOSE an hour! However, due to us being super planners, we already decided to leave an hour earlier. Good thing we did, because we made it with minutes to spare! Within the first five minutes of the class starting, I knew I had made the right decision of taking the course. Becoming an International Certified Wedding Planner through The Bridal Society was life changing.
- My first full wedding was Miss Haley Gardner (now Mrs. Milligan). Haley’s wedding took place a few weekends after I became certified. What a blessing that was, because I was super prepared and ready for her wedding day. I got to work with some amazing vendors, and the day was amazing. Haley and Adam were a stunning couple and I wish them a lifetime of happiness.
- Putting together a styled shoot in a few weeks was a ton of work. However since I LOVE being a wedding planner, this didn’t even feel like work! I got together with some fabulous vendors for a fall inspired photo shoot. This was such a fun day. My cousin, Nina, who also happens to be the creator of our logo, was wonderful as our “bride.” She is such a natural beauty, and all our photos were stunning!
- This year I also had the honor of being featured on The Planner’s Lounge “Day in the Life” series. They feature wedding and event planners from around the world with many different levels of experience. Be sure to read the post here!
- Being a member of The Bridal Society comes with many perks. Including the opportunity to be apart of the VIP (Valued Industry Professional) Awards. I had the honor of being nominated for Website of the Year with a handful of other amazing certified wedding planners. The winners were announced last week and…WE WON!! This was such an amazing honor and surprise! I work reallllllly hard on updating the website. So this was just a great recognition on all my hard work. THANK YOU THE BRIDAL SOCIETY!
I am so appreciative of my 2014 Sparkle Brides for trusting me to make their wedding day a success. Thank you to my 2015 Sparkle Brides for allowing me to be a part of the wedding planning journey with you. Thank you to our friends and family for their endless support. HUGE thank you to my Sparkle Team members for working so hard and being there for me throughout this amazing year. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!