As a wedding planner, I am excited for what I have noticed happening in the wedding industry. More and more brides are realizing that they deserve a wedding planner. When I meet with potential clients and their parents, I am hearing more and more about how they all just want to enjoy the day. They have heard horror stores from friends and family who have experienced what it’s like to not have a wedding planner.
The moments below are actual incidents from the weddings I have worked this season. As you can see, the Sparkle Team was able to handle these moments in a professional manner, without causing stress on the family or bride & groom.
- The band didn’t have the correct music for the father/daughter or mother/son dance.
- I quickly downloaded it to my phone, set it on airplane mode, altered the reception timeline, and the dances went off without a problem.
- The cake was delivered late because of a bad wreck on the interstate.
- Made sure the bakers table was setup and ready to go before she arrived. When she did arrive, I helped her load the cake, and added the flowers myself to each layer as she added them on. Perfect teamwork!
- Bartender ran out of wine.
- Made a quick dash to the closest liquor store and the party kept rocking without missing a beat.
- While steaming the brides dress, bridesmaid accidently spilled champagne on the gown.
- Grabbed my handy dandy emergency kit and used stain remover and wipes in order to clean the spot. Bride had NO clue.
- Groom forgot to book the limo driver for their grand exit.
- I was able to contact someone from my Preferred Vendor List and they were able to send a limo driver over that night. Having a great working relationship with the limo company, they were able to change their pickup schedules.
- The buttercream cake was starting to melt due to a typical Tennessee summer. HOT day…buttercream cake…you get the picture.
- As I noticed the dreaded cake lean, I searched the venue for a fan to place behind the cake table. Luckily I found one, and the cake didn’t have a disastrous fall.
- A full hour of prelude music that the bride downloaded…did not work.
- I tell all of my vendors to arrive at least an hour before “game time.” Luckily we had a violinist and pianist playing at least one song prior during the ceremony. I was able to convince them to play the entire prelude. Bride was surprised when she heard the music, but ended up loving it more than the music she downloaded.
These are just a few wedding day mishaps that have happened this year during wedding season. I tell every potential client there is no such thing as the perfect wedding day. Things will go wrong, but if you hire a professional wedding planner, they will take care of these things without bothering you. Nine times out of ten, you won’t even know it happened. Moments like this is why every bride deserves a wedding planner. Every bride deserves to be able to enjoy the day, while letting the stress of the day be handled by someone else. Preferably the Southern Sparkle Team. Contact us today to learn more about the services we offer, and become a Sparkle Bride today!